Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's my goal?

This afternoon, my first time participating in a focus group research, there are 6 of us students and a facilitator from a marketing research company.
The main whole reason behind that pulled me in to volunteer in that thing is because of the free pizza and movie voucher! XP materialistic right......

Well, we just discussed about our current course, other course options and also the main aspect they're trying to look into is our view if there's a new double degree course of pharmacy and pharmaceutical science.

My other classmates there seem to have their goals and clearly know what they want to do and the reason they chose Monash, the reason they chose Pharmaceutical science over all other availbale options.

The questions we discussed really make me think again, why why and why...
Why I am in Monash....because there's not many other uni that offer pharmacy course in Melbourne...
Why I am in pharm.science, because quota full in pharmacy course.
I actually dont really have the clear mind that I want to do this course, I like chemistry alot? I want to focus in research and come up with new things? No, I'm not.
The rest in the group seems have their goals, they have their reasons why Monash, why this single degree or double degree course and some actually said the unit subjects also influence their choice.
Wow,I totally dont know what subjects I'm going to take before I enrol into this course.

Discussing about the double degree course, they are all firm that they will stay in the current course, they are sure what they want is to be a formulator, chemical engineer or researcher...
how about me..I actually do will consider of the double degree course comprising pharmacy and pharm.science as I'm indecisive and not sure what i want. I may want to be a pharmacist, may want to be the formulator...

Oh well, I know that i mentioned in previous post saying I'm not going to write for quite some time, but I just want to write something.hahaha..

"A formulator need to be curious, find out things that nobody knows and will experience a lot of disappointment as things always turn out not what is expected" this is said by a senior lecturer.

I really really doubt about my curiosity and the level of disappointment that I can take....